5 Reason why a hot mess is HOT!
Crazy thought? Maybe. But I am eager to show you exactly why sometimes it is important to accept your inner mess… hot mess.
First of all, in case you don’t understand what I mean by a hot mess let me explain:
A hot mess is a modern busy babe who just sometimes doesn’t have time to wash her hair, or brush for that matter. She is running on coffee and a lack of sleep, due to her awesome social life of course – duh! She is NOT a morning person, I repeat – NOT A MORNING PERSON! No matter how early one goes to bed or how early she has to get up, mornings just ain’t her thang. Are you already painting a picture in your head?
But no matter how much of a flustered mess she may be, she is always dressed well, because well – do I even need to explain the importance of presentation?
This well dressed, coffee in hand, hair everywhere whirlwind makes it all work – even the makeup that is a touch up from the day before. In fact, she smells like victory, in other words a spray of perfume takes two seconds, but can leave a lasting impression on whoever is in her way that day!
Ok so now that you understand our hot mess, let me explain the reasoning behind why she should be embraced.
- Nobody likes a goody two-shoes – you know, that person who is perfectly put together, squeaky clean from head to toe every day – damn I’d be suspicious too. Who the hell has time for that? AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!! I’m not saying that hygiene is not important. In fact I’ll tell you it’s the most important thing. But I’m also saying you gotta be realistic. There’s only so much time in the day and looking at Instagram babes, who by the way get paid to look good and do nothing else, sets the standard a little too high in my opinion.
- Don’t look at what everyone else is doing, do what is realistic for you in the time that you have in the morning and also whatever makes you feel happy, if its sleeping an extra 15 minutes – which means not doing your hair to perfection, then sleep that 15 minutes and invest in some dry shampoo and a bloody delicious perfume, people will comment on your scent before they even look at your hair.
- Hair. Now even though I’m saying don’t worry too much about it, that doesn’t mean don’t wash it and have it look like sh*t! We are lucky that in the 21st century we don’t have to sleep with rollers in our hair (how on earth they did that I will never understand)! So think about that before you think it’s too much effort to wash your hair. If you can’t do it in the morning, do it the night before and dry it. – Don’t sleep with wet hair, its damaging for your hair. If you find your time is super limited, use some dry shampoo, maybe a quick tease and put it in a bun or a ponytail. My personal fave is a hat – NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW YOUR HAIR IS A MESS and bonus, they always compliment the hat 🙂
- Kate Moss – do I even need to explain? The perfect example of HOT MESS and look where it’s gotten her!!
- And lastly, imagine the days when you do put in the extra effort to scrub up for weddings, birthdays dates – WOAH, you’ll blow everyone away with just a little extra effort to look polished for the occasion!
Tips to make this work for you every day:
- Make sure your hair is done, in terms of colour/cut so that it sits well naturally and looks good
- Have your stylist give you the best products that will make it easy for you every day, including a good shampoo – YES, it makes a difference.
- Dress well and makes sure your clothes are ironed, because crinkled clothing screams MESS and not a hot one.
- Invest in a good perfume that suits you and maybe a stand out lipstick that will take the attention away from everything else (if nothing is working that day).
- Oh and brush your teeth 🙂 Don’t be a grub.
So embrace that inner mess of yours and make it work for you! Because mess doesn’t have to be…well, a mess. Make it HOT!